Recently named one of Entrepreneur's "Top Company Cultures" and the “Tech Agency of the Year” by The Holmes Report, PAN Communications is looking for a bright and ambitious Account Manager to work on a mix of exciting programs for mid to late stage emerging technology companies, with key focus areas in fintech, cybersecurity, enterprise software and data analytics.
- Serve as day-to-day client contact by providing insight and strategic recommendations to the client and team, both proactively and reactively, to maintain account momentum and success
- Own development of quarterly/campaign plans, under the direction of the AD; own campaign-level strategic recommendations; review/mentor team in the creation of program-specific ideas for media relations, influencer relations, social media, content development and speaking and awards
- Understand and mentor account team on the client, including products and services, competition, marketplace and business model; ensure all client and media-facing materials are accurate, comprehensive and aligned with company messaging/positioning (media relations, awards/speaking, content development); ensure that new staffers are appropriately on boarded onto accounts by reviewing planning materials, account deliverables and timelines, processes and best practices, as needed
- Lead media relations strategy by anticipating major news announcements, planning proactive media outreach, monitoring for and directing team in reactive pitching opportunities, owning business press outreach and driving the team to deliver on agreed-upon program/campaign metrics
- Lead content development efforts by serving as content development lead on press releases, contributed articles, reports, etc., delegating formulaic releases (i.e., awards, wins) and bylines as appropriate to the team; lead review and editing exercises, with a focus on team mentorship
- Award winning creativity: Demonstrate a campaign mentality by continuously conceiving insightful campaign ideas and working with your AD to get clients to buy these ideas
- Presenting / Meetings: Ability to command and run client monthly meetings whilst ensuring all team members have a role to play at the meeting. Ahead of meeting, all relevant materials to be produced to the highest quality.
- Direct the team in digital media/ influencer relations initiatives (where relevant) by setting strategy and delegating execution responsibilities to Account Executive/Assistant Account Executive, proactively monitor success and make strategic recommendations to drive results
- Direct the team in awards and speaking initiatives oversee the development of annual speaking and awards trackers, advise on which awards to enter. Work with the Account Executive to undertake award submissions including positioning, angle development, argument construction, identifying data and proof points etc.
- Oversee client reporting, ensuring PANOptic reports reflect client objectives and showcase client work clearly and effectively
- 5+ years of technology PR experience across B2B or B2B2C
- Experience developing plans and programs including new product launches and product positioning
- Comfortable with media training, messaging and pitching stories, while ensuring flawless tactical execution of program elements
- A proven ability to manage, develop and grow client relationships as the day-to-day account lead, including budget responsibility
- Strong content creations experience and proven skills
- Digitally savvy and able to think on his/her feet.
- Solid experience using and managing social media channels on behalf of clients
- Experience and confidence to provide both traditional and digital/social media recommendations to clients
- Dynamic presentation skills, including the experience developing and presenting new business proposals
- Proven success managing, mentoring and developing junior staff