In less than a week, the Bay Area will be filled with a sea of badges to the 36th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference (“JPM”), what many consider the life science sector’s largest conference of the year. With more than 400 companies – public and private – expected to deliver presentations to over 8,000 attendees, there are lots of marketing teams gearing up for the big show, which starts on January, 8th.
As many of our healthcare clients prepare to make a big splash at the event – Quanterix, PAREXEL, Trinity Partners, just to name a few – PAN is right there alongside our marketing counterparts in the pre-JPM Conference “trenches” as true extensions of their teams. Using opportunities such as JPM to be seen, found and heard by decision makers, influencers and target audiences takes proper strategy and execution – and we count engaging with the media as one of the top ways to be effective, particularly as it can help you get time on investors’ calendars.
In the spirit of helping our healthcare partners become a valued resource to media, let’s get right to the point of what reporters will want from you…
- Research that brings to life different perspectives on what is working (and what isn’t) in today’s healthcare system.
- Insight into the latest trends impacting the healthcare industry and news that identifies how brands (you!) are driving these trends and solving challenges.
- Tuning into keynotes, meeting smart, influential people, and sharing insights into the biggest industry trends that you’re seeing.
Whether you’re going to San Francisco for JPM or one of the many parallel conferences that have shot up in its wake – Biotech Showcase, RESI Conference – if you have fresh research or insights, package it up and make it available to media, incorporate into your investor decks and find additional ways to carry it through into your social, digital, sales and marketing strategies around the conferences. This is a big part of helping you stand out from the crowd.
PAN offers a full suite of integrated communications services for healthcare companies, including tradeshow support and activations. Whether you’re an established brand or emerging on the scene, our latest eBook, Keeping Pace with Digital Transformation Through Integrated Marketing & PR, can help you take your existing marketing and PR investments to the next level by modernizing your earned-shared-owned strategy, particularly around rallying points such as JPM. You can also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best of luck in San Francisco, and in the meantime, here are a few tips and resources to help you maximize your time at JPM:
1. Know before you go: your plan of attack. If you need help, check out BioWeekSF as a resource destination for all-things-JPM.
3. Tune in to LIVE at the Conference. Check out the 2017 conference resource here and stay tuned for an updated link over the next few days.
4. Attend Media-Hosted Events Co-located at JPM. These are great opportunities to get in front of and introduce the company to key journalists, as well as meet and network with others in the industry. Check out a few here:
- Endpoints News is hosting an executive breakfast panel during JPM. The panel will feature Hervé Hoppenot (CEO, Incyte), Ellen Sigal (Founder, Friends of Cancer Research), Jay Bradner (President, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research), David Berman (SVP, Immuno-oncology at AstraZeneca), and Aiman Shalabi (CMO, Cancer Research Institute); and will be moderated by John Carroll (Editor and Co-Founder, Endpoints News).
- STAT News has reserved a workspace at a café in San Francisco for “STAT Plus” subscribers during the event (Jan. 8-10). Every afternoon at 4 p.m. local time, STAT News journalists will be discussing and reacting to news released that day during the show. Subscribers can RSVP to any of these discussions here: https://www.statnews.com/stat-jpm.
And if you need more help prepping for the big dance, STAT’s Adam Feuerstein and Damian Garde are hosting a webinar this Thursday, Jan. 4, to look back at last year’s “ups and downs” and highlight trends to watch. Register for it here.
Any other tips you’d suggest? Please share @PANcomm. Safe travels to all and best of luck next week!