The world of enterprise technologies is a very niche market, so it’s important to know the ins and outs by keeping up with the trends. For consumer trends, people tend to read popular publications such as Tech Crunch, Wall Street Journal, Venture Beat, Re/Code and many more.
However, because there are so many different verticals within enterprise tech, ranging from everything such as IoT, connected devices, security tech, datacenter and infrastructure technologies, not many people know which publications to check out.
You might also enjoy reading, The Cloud, AI and the Future of Retail Tech.
Below are a couple of suggestions to help keep you updated in the enterprise world:
1. eWeek –known to be a trusted source when it comes to keeping the enterprise audience updated with the latest trends, in-depth analysis, and reviews of new products. This publication covers channels from mobile to storage sharing perspectives specifically for IT administrators and IT professionals. eWeek helps you keep up to date with the trends going around in the enterprise world.
2. TechTarget –a global network covering multiple channels with over 120 technology-specific websites including cloud, application development, data center management and many more. Here you would have a vast amount of topics to choose from and have access to a multitude of industry experts, independent content and analysis.
3. EE Times –offers news, columns and feature articles focuses on the semiconductor manufacturing industry, electric design automation and electronic engineering industry. This is different from other publications because it covers the more specific industry of electrical engineering. Here you can learn about the “techier” side in the enterprise industry.
4. InformationWeek – While this publication is not as technical as the others listed here, InformationWeek is a trusted online community combining business technology with enterprise technology. Senior-level IT buyers and decision makers come here to learn and share their expertise on products. The verticals covered are strategic CIO software, cloud, mobile, big data, security, infrastructure, government and healthcare. This would be a great publication to read and learn about the business side of the enterprise world.
5. CIO –provides technology and business leaders with insight and analysis on IT trends. LikeInformationWeek, CIO is targeted more towards CIOs and IT leaders for peer networking and initiatives, CIO-focused news, features and commentaries in the tech industry. CIO will help you understand the executive IT community better.
Daily readings in any publication can keep you in the know with what’s going around in the world. The more knowledgeable you are in any industry, the more likely you’ll be able to succeed in that industry. Hopefully these suggestions will give you a little taste into the entrée of the enterprise world.