Join the PAN team
Assistant Account Executive
- Own account administrative tasks including press release review and wire distribution, weekly status report creation, scheduling of team internal and client meetings, development of weekly action items following client status calls, etc.
- Own execution of speaking and awards programs including developing/updating annual trackers, managing submission timelines and client notifications, providing strategic recommendations regarding participation in and topics/angles for industry events/award opportunities; developing PAN-owned abstracts/submissions under the direction of the Account Manager or Senior Account Manager, tracking for winner notifications, tracking program metrics, supporting the development of award/speaking-related press releases, as directed by the Account Manager or Senior Account Manager
- Support social media execution including creating content calendars; managing daily, weekly and campaign posts; identifying and following media and influencers and flagging opportunities to engage; supporting in the development of quarterly and campaign strategies, under the guidance of the Account Manager or Senior Account Manager
- Support in quarterly and campaign planning efforts – support the creation of ideas pertaining to media relations, social media, influencer relations and speaking & awards, as directed by the Account Manager or Senior Account Manager
- Support in media relations execution, including proactive news pitching, proactive pitch creation, byline abstract creation, reactive pitch creation, daily media monitoring for reactive opportunities and client coverage, media database development and daily upkeep (i.e., changes in contacts, beats, contact information, outreach notes for your owned contacts)
- Support in metrics reporting including daily coverage scans, coverage clips/emails to client, development of quarterly PANOptic reports under the direction of the Account Manager or Senior Account Manager, weekly metrics benchmark, delivered to teams in advance of weekly status calls
- Develop and showcase an understanding of the client including its products and services, competition, marketplace and business model; ensure all client and media-facing materials are accurate, comprehensive and aligned with company messaging/positioning (media relations, awards/speaking, content development)
- Become a daily resource to your teams and client and demonstrate superior client service by providing updates pertaining to your owned initiatives, both proactively and reactively; proactively offering answers to client questions, tapping your team for guidance; providing suggestions for trend pitches based on industry news; gradually raising your profile during client in-person meetings, weekly calls and via email by offering ready updates; anticipating and meeting internal and external deadlines to ensure deliverables are met on time; only passing “client-ready” work to the Account Manager, Senior Account Manager or Director for review (i.e. proofed for spelling and grammatical errors, reflective of client positioning/messaging, aligned with client goals/audiences); flagging challenges/barriers to your success proactively to the Account Manager or Senior Account Manager.