Summer in San Francisco does not follow traditional U.S. conventions. First, it’s definitely not warm (fair warning, future Boston and Orlando visitors!). Second, we steer clear of the summer slowdown with plenty of events and conferences to keep us busy and the Bay Area buzzing. Here’s a few we’re excited about at PAN West this month:
1. SEMICON West (7/12-14) – The largest industrial IoT conference, attendees can interact with IBM’s Watson Platform, Intel’s EdisonBoards and Amazon’s Echos to discover IoT solutions, as well as hear from industry leaders. Details here.
2. SHAPE: AT&T TECH EXPO (7/15-16) – AT&T’s annual tech expo takes place during the middle of the month, convening thousands of mobile app developers, video content creators and tech professionals to discuss how technology will shape the future in our increasingly connected lives. Activities include a 24-hour Hackathon, a Maker Camp for young techies, plenty of demos, exhibits and an impressive speaker line-up, including Jared Leto, Peter Diamandis and Nate Silver. Learn more here.
Source: pexels.com used under CC license.
3. PAN West Open House (7/26) – We’re celebrating our new SF office at 100 Cal by opening our doors to friends, family, neighbors and more! Stop by to enjoy some PAN-American canapés and refreshments, meet the crew and check out the new space! RSVP here.
4. TechCrunch’s Sand Hill Summer (7/29) – Pretend you’re an extra in the hit HBO show and head down to Silicon Valley for TechCruch’s annual summer bash. Schmooze with the power players and up-and-coming entrepreneurs. Tickets here.
5. Black Hat (7/30-8/4) – While Black Hat is not technically located in the Bay Area, it would be remiss to omit such a major event happening in the oasis just east of us. Black Hat is a must-see and -do for anyone interested in information security, including the latest risks, research and trends. More information here.