2015 is a very exciting year here at PAN – it is our 20th anniversary. Thinking about it now, it is hard to believe that 20 years has come and gone since I first started out on the journey that is PAN Communications.
We have certainly come a long way since working out of my house in 1995. Over the years, PAN has gone through a variety of transformations and achieved numerous milestones that have shaped it into the PR firm it is today. We’ve grown closer, laughed harder and broadened our minds. We have tried things that have worked and some that failed. It’s all part of building a successful business. Looking back, some of the key moments that come to my mind from the past 20 years are:
- 1995 – PAN launched and we signed our first client, Pri-Med
- 1997 – PAN moved into our first office space in Andover, Massachusetts
- 1998 – PAN launched our first website and we signed our 100th client
- 2001 – PAN was one of the founding members of the Council of PR Firms and I took a Board position
- 2004 – PAN received a record 18 Bell Ringer Awards
- 2005 – PAN celebrated our 10th Anniversary and we launched our blog, prSPEAK
- 2006 – PAN was recognized by the USA Today as a company doing innovative things
- 2010 – PAN hosted our first CMO roundtable
- 2011 – PAN made the big move to Boston
- 2013 – PAN was named one of the Boston Business Journal’s Best Places to Work
- 2014 – PAN launched PANdigital
As today is March 20th, I thought it only appropriate to kick-off the celebrations and invite everyone to check back in on the 20th of every month for an anniversary-themed post. In addition, in the coming weeks, keep an eye out for festive collateral from PAN in celebration of this significant milestone. The past 20 years have been a whirlwind of excitement and triumphs, and I can’t wait to see what the next 20 years have in store for us. It is with fondness (and as my staff can attest to – a tear in my eye) that I look back and with determination that we press onward.
This blog post is part of a larger series, PAN 20/20, by PAN President & Founder, Philip A. Nardone, Jr., as he shares thoughts on building PAN Communications over the past 20 years. Come back on the 20th of each month for more insights & reflections.