Jimin Lee – Senior Account Executive at the San Francisco Office
1. Tell us three fun facts about yourself
- I am a huge proponent of empathy and human kindness and live by the philosophy “Kill them with kindness.”
- I enjoy classic films (pop culture in general), but my all-time favorite is Gone with the Wind. It’s just everything. I watch the 4 hour film at least 2-4 times a year (I agree, it’s a bit much).
- My personality fluctuates between INFP (the mediator) and ENFJ (the protagonist).
2. What made you go into PR, and what do you love most about it?
I was interning at OpenTable under its digital customer acquisition team in marketing and found it unexciting. So, I ventured out and networked with different people in the team and found the PR director’s job really fascinating and important – either she was chatting up a storm with the CEO or was on the phone / traveling. But what truly sold me on this career path was her honest enjoyment and passion for the job. In hindsight, I aspired to have an exciting career like hers – to be fulfilled in my job all the while having fun and feeling important in the process, in addition to the traveling. This desire led me to getting a PR internship once I returned to college the following semester.
Now a bit more seasoned, I love both the creativity I get to exercise and the contingencies that makes us pivot and think on our feet. I’m a bit risk-averse (a.k.a., worry-wart), so sometimes working in an agency seems contradictory, but I think the pressure is what motivates me to think and work harder. There’s never a dull moment working in this industry, and that’s what I love personally!
3. What made you select PAN? Initial impressions so far?
PAN is absolute about certain philosophies I believe in wholeheartedly – one of them being about its people. Ninety-nine percent of agencies – and even other work places – treat employees like replaceable pawns in a game. Here, they really care and advocate for your success and provide practical tips on how to make the most of your job and career. I think HR / people operations wise, PAN has it down to the T.
In addition, I think the work-life balance at PAN is amazing. To be a productive person, we all need to smell the roses and do things that inspire us outside of work, and PAN is a huge advocate of that.
So, with all this said, I am thrilled to be here!
4. Where can we find you on the weekends?
Weekends for me are a fine balance between rest, personal errands, exploration, and/or family and friend obligations. These days, I find the mundane things so exciting and great – like having wine with my homecooked meals, cleaning the kitchen, or kicking back and reading or watching a movie. So, in short, you can find me at home.
5. Fill in the blanks – My favorite animal is orangutans!